Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Better Late than Never

What happens when you don't plan ahead?? Your smoothie gets whatever greens you have in your fridge - that's what.
Collard Greens, Dandelion Greens, Lemon, Oranges, Banana, Flax Seeds, Coconut Water

Collards and Dandelions are all that I had in my fridge. I had NO Spinach to be my safety net today.



I have read a lot of recipes that say to add a lemon. I don't really like lemons. Not in my water, Not in my tea- but I thought that I should at least give the lemon a try so I did.



A fruit that I am starting to LOVE is oranges. Their sweetness balances out the bitterness of the greens (especially today)




YUMMY




Added my banana and flax





And I definitely learned my lesson from yesterday and added 2 handfuls of ice :)

Collard Greens have a slight peppery aftertaste so I added a squirt of agave and today's experiment turned out pretty good (even if I did add lemon's) So when life hands you lemon's make a yummy green smoothie.


One healthy choice made today...

No comments:

Post a Comment