Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I am blessed to have many father's in my life. First is my husband, the best daddy in the world. Then is my dad, who has literally made me who I am, and there is my father-in-law, and step father-in-law- I love them all and am blessed to have them in my life.
I thought today that I would keep it simple. Spinach, Strawberry, Pineapple, Kiwi, and water.

I used 2 things that I haven't before kiwi and pineapple. I thought the pineapple would make it sweet but for some reason it didn't.



I blended it all up with my ice and...

it was still not a truly pleasant enough flavor for me, so I added an orange...and it still wasn't sweet enough


So I added some agave nectar and that did the trick. Super yummy and I tried to get Lexi to take a sip and she said "mommy it's gross". From the mouth of the 2 year old shows that I am in for a long haul in changing the ideas of my kids. But nothing will change unless I model it for them first.


So...one healthy choice made today...

No comments:

Post a Comment