Blogger Backgrounds

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Oh what a glorious day

I made it to Day 2- which is a definitely plus all on it's own :) But today's smoothie was a bit more of a challenge with ingredients. I am being completely honest when I say that I DO NOT LIKE VEGETABLES. I will eat them but if I can have chicken and french fries from Chik-fil-a or chocolate I will chose the later every time. Today's concoction was more drinklike than smoothie consistency and I honestly like it much better that way.



No I did not pour in the whole container of fruit :)


Started with Spinach -partially because that is what we have on hand and partially because I am a bit scared of Kale, Collards, and the other greens- I'm sure that I will get more creative as this challenge goes on.




Today I added fresh squeezed orange juice. My friend Shelley told me that it would help with adding some sweetness and I have to agree. My smoothie was definitely sweeter than yesterday.



I only added half the banana because I am a calorie conscious person and I was afraid that I would be adding the whole thing I would be getting more calories than I would prefer ( crazy -I know but I never said I wasn't crazy!)





I added some watermelon today because I know that it has "water" in it and I am trying to improve my hydration.






Cantaloupe because it was in the mix and I thought it would go well with the watermelon.


Blend, blend, blend




Hooray- today the smoothie is actually green so I don't feel like I am cheating on the challenge.



My Smoothies for today :)
I was very impressed today by the texture. It was all mixed and combined and it tasted MUCH sweeter than yesterday which I can thank Mr. Orange for. The watermelon was the predominate flavor today and it was very very good. I have NO IDEA what I am going to try tomorrow and I am sure there may be days where I am not loving the greens that I am drinking that day, but today was a Super Success!!




One Healthy Choice Made Today...


No comments:

Post a Comment